Carlos Manuel Silva is currently professor of Chemical Engineering at the Department of Chemistry of the University of Aveiro (Portugal) and is member of CICECO – Aveiro Institute of Materials. CMS has published over 140 peer reviewed journal articles, 14 book chapters and 2 patents.
CMS research areas range from separation processes (membranes, ion exchange, adsorption / SMB, supercritical fluid extraction), transport properties and molecular dynamics simulation, synthesis and characterization of microporous silicates for catalysis, adsorption and ion exchange, and reaction (catalytic oligomerization of olefins, biomass conversion, and oxidative catalysis), thermodynamics, and analysis and processing/preparation of heavy crude oil mixtures and bitumens.
- Professor of Chemical Engineering at University of Aveiro (UA).
- Deputy Director for Research of the Department of Chemistry of UA.
- Diretor of Doctoral Program in Refining, Petrochemical and Chemical Engineering at UA.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the PhD Course in Chemical Engineering at UA.
- Vice-Director of the Integrated Master in Chemical Engineering of UA.
- Erasmus coordinator of the Integrated Master in Chemical Engineering of UA.
- Coordinator of the Safety Committee of the Department of Chemistry of UA.
- Elected Member of Conselho do Departamento de Química at UA.
- Representative of UA in AIPQR - Association for the Petrochemical, Chemical and Refining Industries (Portugal).
- Member of the Editorial Board of: Euro-Mediterranean Journal for Environmental Integration, Mini-Reviews in Organic Chemistry, International Journal of Green Technology, Materials.
- Scientific Reviewer of international journals and of High School Manuals of Chemistry (10th, 11th and 12th grades) of Porto Editora – Portugal.
- Integrated two national and international evaluation panels of scholarships and projects.
Thesis: Separação de compostos bioativos recorrendo à tecnologia de Leito Móvel Simulado
Thesis: Aproveitamento energético: Otimização do funcionamento da turbina da Bresfor S.A.
Thesis: Difusividades de compostos bioativos em misturas supercríticas e líquidos expandidos: Simulação de dinâmica molecular
Ana Magalhães • Ana Sofia Santiago • Daniel Fernandes • Eduardo Oliveira • Patrícia Lito
Andreia Silva • Bruno Antunes • Bruno Figueiredo • Catarina Varanda • Cláudia Passos • Joana Pinheiro • Patrícia Neves • Paulo Toledo • Raquel Vaz • Rui Domingues • Sandra Silva
Martinique Nunes • Nelson Martins • Rui Silva
Ana Mourato • Arany Rocha • Benedict Carius • Catarina Ribeiro • Celina Oliveira • Cláudia Ferreira • Cristiana Areia • Cristiano Ramos • Elisabete Afonso • Félix Carreira • Filipe Rocha • Hélder Vieira • Hugo Barbosa • João Campos • Jorge Leite • José Silva • Micaela Capela • Pedro F. Martins • Pedro Santos • Pedro Vieira • Ricardo Grade • Roberto Coelho • Rui Pedro Silva • Samuel Peres • Sarah Sequeira • Tiago Faria